UPPER LIMB ORTHOSES & FRACTURE BRACES:
What is upper limb orthoses:
Upper Limb orthotics are the external devices designed for the improvement of function and structure of the upper limb areas.
Upper limb orthotics include braces, slings, and splints made from thermoplastics, casting, and metals. The upper limb fracture brace is custom molded and made with waterproof.
It serves the purpose of reducing the pain and correcting the deformities of the upper limb.
Types of Upper Limb Orthoses:
- Undisplaced Distal Radius Fractures
- Undisplaced Distal Ulna Fractures
- Ligament Injuries
- Buckle Fractures of Radius and Ulna
- Scaphoid Fracture
- Carpal Bone Fractures
- CMC Joint Injuries and Fractures
- MCP Joint Injuries
- IPJ Injuries and Fractures
- Undisplaced 4th and 5th Metacarpal Fractures
- Undisplaced 4th and 5th Phalangeal Fractures
- Severe Thumb Sprains
- Collateral Ligament Injuries
Types of upper limb braces:
- Wrist and hand braces
- Wrist Cock-up Splint
- Resting Hand orthosis
- Ulnar or Humeral Fracture Brace
- Shoulder Abduction Restraint
- Elbow Splint
- Figure of eight
- Shoulder immobilizer
- Short Arm Fracture Brace
- Paediatric Short Arm Fracture Brace
- Thumb Spica Fracture Brace
- Extended Thumb Spica Fracture Brace
- Boxer’s Fracture Brace
- Radial Gutter Fracture Brace
- Extended Short Thumb Spica
Benefits of upper limb fracture braces:
- It gives protection, stabilization, assistance, and correction for the upper limb.
- It reduces pain and prevents contractures.
- It restricts the motion to prevent harmful orthoses.
- It is easy to remove for washing / drying the skin.
- It can be re-adjusted as swelling decreases.
- It helps the patients to be active in their everyday activities.
- It is made with waterproof and so it can be worn even while swimming or other activities.
- It is a lighter brace than a plastic case.
- X-rays can be taken without removing the brace.
Bioapps Neoprene Adjustable Wrist Support
Dynamic Hand Splint
Elbow Elastic Support
Tennis Elbow Support
- It gives support and heals an overuse injury caused by racquet sports such as tennis, badminton, squash, racquetball.
- It is useful for the patients suffering from acute pain in the affected part of an elbow when the arm is extended.
Tennis Elbow Strap
Dynamic Post Op Elbow Orthosis
Custom Made Humeral Fracture Brace
- It is used to manage knee and elbow flexion contractures.
- It is suitable for a wide range of neuromuscular and orthopedic disabilities
- It heals fracture by compressing the soft tissue in the arm by limiting its motion.
HSS Humeral Stabilizing System
- It is designed to immobilize and protect the elbow. It can be set from 0° to 120° in increments of 10°.
- It is used for the ligament surgery, ulnar, or radial collateral ligament reconstruction, for lateral or medial epicondylitis.
- It stabilizes distal epicondylar fractures.
Bioapps Neoprene Shoulder Support
- It helps in healing shoulder injuries, arthritis, and rotator cuff tendonitis.
- It is a water resistance brace.
- It is best used against tendonitis, shoulder instability, shoulder dislocation, and arthritis.
- It warms the shoulder with stability and provides joint flexibility to heal quickly.
Aircast Walker (Short)
- It promotes natural ambulation for improved mobility.
- It is lightweight, trimmable, and has a semi-rigid shell for “total contact” fit and secure support.
- It is useful for soft tissue injury, metatarsal fractures, forefoot and midfoot injury, bunionectomies.
Aircast Walker (Standard)
- It provides comfortable and moderate support for faster healing.
- It is durable and its semi-rigid shell protects the limb with the integrated inflation system.
- It enhances natural gait and its soft strike technology absorbs and dissipates shock.
- It can be used for stable fractures in the lower leg, foot, and ankle.
- It also serves best for severe ankle sprains and post-operative use.
Aircast Walker (Elite)
- It is a durable, semi-rigid shell supports the limb while providing full-shell protection.
- SoftStrike technology absorbs and dissipates shock, while the lightweight and lab-tested rocker sole combine to encourage a natural gait.
- Overlapping Duplex air cells line the shell providing intermittent pneumatic compression for 3-times faster edema reduction
- Designed with a sleek, open-frame that provides ventilation; Non-marking, skid-resistant rubber tread allows for greater traction and longer wear
- A Universal fit allows the Aircast AirSelect to be worn on either the left or right foot.