Pediatric orthotics are designed for the children to provide more stability, encourage independent actions, and voluntary control over the movements.
Pediatric orthotics are useful for children who have the following problems.
- Foot pronation
- Foot supination
- Leg and foot spasticity
- Hip dysplasia
- Foot or ankle mal-alignment
- Severe metatarsus adductus
- Tibial torsion
Types of Pediatric Orthotics:
- Pediatric WalkAide System.
- Pediatric KAFO. Knee Ankle Foot Orthosis
- Pediatric AFO. Ankle Foot Orthosis
- Tuning AFOs.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US FOR EMERGENCY CASE.
Pediatric WalkAide System
- It is an advanced Functional Electrical Stimulation device designed specifically for children.
- Uniquely programmed for each child, it stimulates the nerve to lift the foot.
- Users have a more natural, balanced, and safe gait so they can be more active and confident on any surface.
- Tuning is a technique for adapting Ankle Foot Orthosis (AFOs) to accommodate leg and foot spasticity.
- Orthotists trained in Ankle Foot Orthosis Tuning work as a team with physicians and physical therapists to help children with neurological conditions.
- Tuned Ankle Foot Orthosis (AFOs) are more helpful for the child’s daily activities and more effective in treatment.
UCBL Foot Orthosis
Pediatric TLSO Brace
- It is used to correct the spinal curves and gives spinal supports to the patients.
- It is used as a post-op treatment for spinal surgeries.
- The TLSO also provides biomechanical forces to treat scoliosis, kyphosis, or neuromuscular spinal deformities.
- This device is custom-fabricated and made from either rigid plastic or softer flexible material.
Foam and Plastic Hip Abduction Orthosis
- It is used to treat hip dysplasia in infants.
- It maintains hips in flexion and abduction to allow for the proper development of hip joints. This pre-fabricated device is generally used with the Pavlik Harness.
Adjustable Hip Abduction Orthosis
- It serves the purpose of post-op abduction for positioning the pediatric hip surgery patients, It maintains the length inn involved muscles and controls unwanted motion.
- It is both custom-fabricated and prefabricated.
- It is used for the treatment of flexible metatarsus adductus.
- Wheaton Brace is prefabricated and sometimes includes a static Ankle Foot Orthosis with forefoot abduction correction interconnecting thigh sections to hold the knee flexed at 90 degrees.
Cranial Molding Helmet
- For hip dislocation/ subluxation in newborns, our Pavlov Harness is used to hold a position of femoral flexion and abduction to properly maintain the femoral head within the acetabulum.
- It is a pre-fabricated device used with the Hip Abduction Orthosis.
Denis Browne Bar
- For pathologic foot alignment conditions including severe metatarsus adductus, tibial torsion, or clubfoot, we provide pre-fabricated Denis Browne Bar (also known as an Abduction Bar), a metal footplate attached to corrective shoes.
SWASH Sitting, Walking, Hip Orthosis
- It is used to treat pediatric spastic diplegia and spastic quadriplegia cerebral palsy.
- This device controls strong, unopposed hip adduction or scissoring and reduces hip adduction and internal femoral rotation.