Foot orthoses are the designed shoe inserts that help by supporting the knee and improves the foot posture. It is useful for people having chronic foot or leg problems. It maintains a functional or analytical position.
Foot orthoses are useful for the people who suffer from neurological or orthopedic conditions a follows:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Cerebral palsy
- Soft Foot orthosis made from leather, cork, rubber, soft plastics, and plastic foam. It helps in the indication of weight-bearing to hinder the pain in the foot.
- Most rigid Foot orthosis is fabricated with metal like steel or aluminum covered with leather and molded on the patient’s foot with a positive cost. It is used for ischemic, insensitive, ulcerated, and arthritic feet.
- Semi-rigid is made up of leather, cork, and metals to support the metatarsal area and longitudinal arch and give pain in the affected or irritated areas.
Benefits of Foot orthoses:
- It is used to relieve pain in the foot.
- It provides comfort during locomotion.
- It enhances the performance of the foot.
- It corrects the dysfunction in the feet and ankles.
Custom Made Insole
Custom Made Insole With Toe Filler
- It is a custom insert made with high-quality EVA foam and crafted with 3D scanning technology.
- It is cut with computer-aided routers by the combination of more materials to fill the void left by an amputation procedure.
- It helps in eliminating the need for a separate insert for the affected foot.
University Of Carlifornia Biomechanic Lab Orthosis UCBL
- It is a shoe insert that provides maximum control foot orthosis.
- It is used to stabilize the deformity of the foot with flexibility.
- It encompasses the heel to hold it in an aligned position.
- It is used to treat the painful forefoot conditions like Metatarsal – Plantar plate tears – Morton’s neuroma – Neuroma/ Bursa complexes – Metatarsal Joint Capsulitis and Forefoot fat pad atrophy
- It is a cushion that is a semi-firm pad to protect and support the metatarsal bones in the ball of the foot.
- It brings relief that causes forefoot pain. It is known as met pads which transfers the weight from sore metatarsal bones and painful calluses.
- It helps to absorb the shock on the heel and metatarsal regions.
- It maintains the arch of the foot.
- The blue soft pads are present at the heel and metatarsal areas to give the cushioning effect.
Toe Between/ Separator
Lateral Silicone Wedge
- It is worn laterally with raised portions towards the outside of the legs.
- It helps to correct supination and counteract bow-leggedness.
- It prevents knee osteoarthritis and harmful ankle sprains caused by inversion.
Silicone Heel Cup
- It treats and gives relief for plantar fasciitis.
- It provides shock absorption in the heel while walking and running.
- The soft heel cups cushion and the fat pad are effective for plantar calcaneal bursitis or plantar heel spur syndrome.
Bunion Night Splint
Hallux Valgus Splint
- It is preventive and post-operative which helps in correcting the deformity of the big toe.
- It shortens the rehabilitation time and reduces the risk of arthritis.
- It fits in comfort shoes smoothly and keeps the foot flexible.